Wednesday, March 28, 2012

realization.

For all the years that I have cried over orphans, and agonized over the desire to help.

It was never real.

It was as if the faces of the photos were inanimate objects. My mind was convinced they were needy little photos. Not the warm, sniffly, cuddly, whiney, eating, drinking, pooping, hugging, crying, mess-making real live children.

I know, you probably realized it long before I did.

But today as I sat rocking my Peter, and smelling his hair (that is doused in essential oils for Ring Worm) It hit me. This is a person. A human Being.

And there are still so many out there suffering, alone, disposed of, discarded, forgotten.

It nearly breaks my heart.

As much as the constant NOISE and MESS irritate me.

It really doesn't matter.

The entire bag of tortilla chips that were crushed into the floors today.

not Important.

Not in the least. The fact that we will not have the money to improve the house or the yeard again this year. So silly.

The sacrificing of luxuries so that one. <1> child will sleep with their belly full and heart full. So worth it.

So Important.

I complained to my husband that I was not getting anything done, he asked me what I *had* done.

I listed it off;
Breakfast
7 loads of laundry
33+ trips to the potty
Rocking and hugging new baby (even though he is 4, he is still a new baby)
Baking goodies
Making lunch
Changing diapers.
Empty Trash.
Hugging big boys.
Hugging medium sized boys.
Play outside in the sunshine.
Watch the littles explore the yard.
Plant a few plants
Make dinner


and you know what he said to me?

"Sounds like a perfect day"

yep. It was.


Notice i did not mention a SHOWER?! nope, these days are just like after having a baby, there has not been time every day for the luxury of a shower. Maybe tomorrow.

If you see a photo of an orphan, next time close your eyes and imagine this child's life without someone LIKE YOU stepping up to say. "Why Not?"

1 comment:

  1. Amazing...thank you. So beautifully said.

    ReplyDelete