Thursday, February 21, 2013

Faith without works....is dead.

"Never give up. Never ever give up. Why? Because just when you are about to give up is when things are about to turn around in a grand way. Hold on. Great things are waiting for you around the corner."

Sonia Ricotti

So with all the complications in getting Divines adoption done, I have gotten some pretty personal emails that have flustered me, the person sending these emails has been involved in Liberian adoptions for 110 years, and has personal relationships with each of these agencies. She is bitter and angry towards them for whatever happened between them, and she is now loyal to the agency that just did Peter's adoption, HOWEVER this agency has only been doing adoptions in very recent times.

She feels that it is better to give up on Divines adoption then it would be to use a different agency.

She feels it is compromising MY values to use another agency, *I* have no personal experience with these agencies, and I have no evidence of their integrity, I have reason to NOT trust them any more than the agency I just used....

What I DO KNOW is that my last agency is REFUSING to assist. What does that say about why they are in this industry? They are done doing adoptions in Liberia because it is too hard, (instead of hiring new workers in country, they will just pull the plug on the entire program)

I have NOT been impressed with my agency, and I have not hidden that. They left me to navigate the entire process without support or communication. They (in my opinion) did NOTHING prior to my arrival in Liberia, and their agents in Liberia lied to me over and over and over.

What is YOUR take on this matter, is it unethical to use an agency someone ELSE is unhappy with? Am I compromising my VALUES to use (or be willing to use ANY agency that is willing to help me?)

I feel like the battle(adoption) for each child's life is WORTH IT, they deserve someone WILLING to fight for them!

He never said it would be easy, He only said it will be WORTH it!

Please either leave a message about your thoughts, or email me.

3 comments:

  1. My take! The money will be there! Do not use the Peter's agency! Do your home work ! laydown your plan! Find that Reputable Agency, you can raise the money! That is what my great mentor would advise me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My .02 - While it can be important to listen to the experiences of others, it can sometimes take great courage to recognize that not all advice is good advice, and to act upon what you feel is right and true. I know that your family has worked closely with the spirit throughout this amazing journey with Peter and will continue to do so. Do not allow frustration and lack of knowledge to create confusion for you. Plan with a purpose! In the end the truly important choices will be between you, Wes, and the Lord. You'll always have your cheerleaders, no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would continue seeking an avenue for the adoption of Divine and seeking Father's guidance with Wes. I agree with the other comments, lay down your plan and plan with a purpose. Look at all of the options, think outside of the box, as well....Would it make a difference (soften the pastor's heart and maybe prove your love and devotion) if you were to pay for Divine's care, even without the agreement to allow you to adopt him? What if you wrote a letter, explaining your feelings? I don't know how this all works, but sometimes I have found that letters after anger has been allowed to simmer down, can be very fruitful. Prayers that you will find the answers and path you are seeking. :)

    ReplyDelete