Friday, February 8, 2013

Growing pains....

I have been gone from my wonderful family for 6 weeks now.

just the travels alone have been complicated and taxing on my nerves.
5 days in NYC awaiting a visa that was "Guaranteed" to be in my hands the first day....

getting bumped off the flight in Ghana due to mechanical issues.

Arriving in Liberia without my phone and all my contacts.

The support I have received from my Liberian family has been astounding. They have not left me alone to wallow in my frustration, they have supported, prayed, and cried with me during each set back or issue.

Upon arrival I felt like there was another special little boy destined to be a part of our family.

His name is Divine, and he has deep soulful eyes. I have been able to care for him on a few occasions, one of which was the day he got very ill. I took him to the clinic and held him as they drew blood. He has malaria, and a double ear infection, and a fungal infection. he is a very sick little boy.

So at the moment he is under my watchful eye, resting and getting lots of fluids and food.

The foster mothers have taken very good care of all the children in their care, and I don't want anyone to feel like they are not doing their jobs, but when there is one fragile little boy among 40 rambunctious neighborhood children things can get crazy!

The newest update on Peter's case is n


ot good news.
The officials that have prepared his documents up to this point felt like the discrepancy in a last name was a minor issue, and they opted to proceed with paperwork even when they knew the name was wrong on the bio mom.

Once we arrived at the embassy, and the consular was interviewing the bio mom,I realized we had a huge issue on our hands.

Not only was the last name incorrect on the documents (supposed to say BEN and it said BENJAMIN) but we were misinformed by Global Orphan Outreach that Peter's medical visa had been renewed.

In fact he had over stayed his visa by 221 days. The penalty for this violation is he is not eligible to travel for 3 years.

yes, we are in a bit of a panic.
We have attempted to fix this through documentation that we FILED the extension, but so far, we have not gotten favorable response from the embassy on if they will consider that adequate.

So for now, I have run out of my hotel/lodging budget, I have used up all of our food budget, and I have borrowed as much s we have available for our taxi budget. For now, we wait, pray and hope that this is not the final answer (the 3 year restriction)

In the mean time, yes, I will care for Divine, and pray that HIS paper work can be done properly, and that we can bring him home with us, whenever that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment