Saturday, August 11, 2012

How many miles?

We have come so very far. It feels like over a year has passed since we brought little Peter home.

March 21st 2012.

In this short amount of time we have made remarkable progress. We have almost reached our initial goal of $16,000.

We have overcome obstacles, we have endured many sacrifices, and we have loved so deeply it is hard to imagine.

The road continues to wind, turn and twist, we have more battles to fight, and more sacrifices to endure.

If I had known this was going to be THIS hard...would I have been willing to accept the challenge?

I honestly do not know.

But I did, and here we are, the time deadline has hit, and we still have very few answers.

The government of Liberia has asked for more papers, and more answers.

We still do not have a travel date.
We do not have any idea at this point what we are going to need to get to Liberia. It is all a bit foggy, and unclear.
One thing we DO KNOW is the insurance that was provided for Peter is coming to an end. I will not bore you with the reasons, as they are private and not of my choices. but this leaves us with a whole new hurdle to overcome,

we still need a number of tests run to petition Peter's eligibility for adoption, and it looks like very soon that will need to come out of our own pockets.

He still needs to be evaluated for his genetic disorders,  and for his dental work, these two alone could cost us thousands of dollars. Equal to or greater than the adoption fees.

I am deeply invested and have done some research, It has been proposed we host a benefit concert for Peter.

We have many family members in Utah, and we are doing the ground work to hold this concert in our home town.

We need sponsors and a location to host this event.
I need another cheerleader, as my emotional energy has dwindled. I feel so impotent and lost.

So there you have it, another stepping stone towards Eternal Bliss.

and we keep on keepin' on.

No comments:

Post a Comment