Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Struggle = Strength

I have really struggled, struggled with the NEED to ASK for help.

In the beginning I had to call my Best Friends and be coaxed into continuing. They would remind me that 'I' was not asking for ME, I was asking for Peter. This I knew and understood on a conscious level, but I truly struggled that if I Was to be his parent, and this is what GOD wanted, then why didn't he also provide the finances to make it happen.

Today as I ranted and worked through my feelings (that are ALL OVER the Spectrum)  I realized something I have known all along.

The STRUGGLE is a BLESSING, the pain, suffering and ASKING have been a most amazing part of this journey.  Seeing SO MANY wonderful friends, neighbors, and strangers that are so generous and kind, that give so freely to help make the world a better place for someone else. It is TRULY a gift. The greatest gift my Heavenly Father could give me right now.


I get to see SO many Miracles and be a part of the generosity of SO MANY.

This is what I have observed so far, Here is the surprise.

It is the loved ones of few means that have made the BIGGEST impact on our fundraising. The friends that have lamented to me that they have NO excess to give, they write beautiful and heartfelt requests to THEIR circle of influence and ask for support.

I have no way of knowing where the donations come from, it would be WONDERFUL If I had thought of that in the beginning, everyone WANTS to know that their VOICE made a difference.

In so many ways, YOUR VOICE and YOUR ACTIONS have moved mountains.

The donations had come to a halt for at least a week. And then at least 3 of you wrote or shared our story in your own way, and in two days we have had over $2,000 donated!

THAT IS HUGE FOLKS! we are ALMOST there!!!!!

I sincerely wish I could HUG and THANK each and every donor individually, and let them know how MUCH they are appreciated.

This Virtual HUG is as close as we will get for now.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!!! Praise God! I am so excited to see how far up your thermometer has climbed! You're nearly there! Go God Go! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete