Monday, December 31, 2012

obviously

One (me) would think that after all that we have endured, I would not be surprised at the OBSTACLES!??? NOPE I got NOT one...but TWO surprises!! The Visa, yes, that formidable foe....was delivered!! (you thought that was the good news eh?) TO KIDDER!! I am in Salem, Utah!!! Slight problem, after 2 hours of phoning back and fort being on hold for more than half of that time, we had to call a neighbor/friend, have them pick up the package, print a NEW label, and SHIP it out AGAIN... praying it makes it in time for our flight on the 2nd. (leaving earlier since the flights on Jan 3rd are filling up, and we are flying stand-by) So that was a HEART attack! (I kept my cool and DIDN'T scream at the agent who made this mistake) OBSTACLE #??? I have been chasing down the anti-malaria meds since the middle of December (The 15th actually) I called our physician and asked for the meds to be called into our pharmacy to be filled, I LET THEM KNOW we would be departing Missouri Dec 26th, and would need plenty of time to have them order the meds (since no one carries them in stock in MO) Dec 24th I called in to verify it was ready to be picked up. The clinic had FAILED to call it in. I called around and around tracking down the Dr. and getting the correct pharmacy etc... I told them I NEEDED IT CALLED INTO WAL MART since I was NOT going to be in Cameron, and I would be UNABLE to pick up any script in Cameron! So they went ahead and called it into Cameron Drug Store. real handy. SO THEN I had to call around pharmacies in Utah and find out who carried IN STOCK the malaria meds. WALLGREENS to the rescue. Went into Walgreens this morning with Peter, we waited for over 45 min while the pharmacist tried to contact the Drug Store for a transfer, then proceed to investigate if the pills could be split in half (since they only carried the adult dosage) NO GO> They could NOT split the pill, AND the medical clinic FAILED TO WRITE the script correctly (for 4 months of script since we would be out of the country!!!) SO ONCE AGAIN I frantically called around trying to find ANYONE who could either Write a NEW script, OR fill all 4 months of the existing script. NO GO> I was able to find out that a Liberian pharmacy WILL carry these meds, and we can walk in off the street to obtain them. (Just like Tijuana) that was it. No biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment