Sunday, December 23, 2012

Whirlwind of progress!

It has been a few days since I updated our progress....

We had an unhappy surprise to find out our agency had left out a VERY important piece of the paper work puzzle.

The VISA for me to enter Liberia was never discussed, in all my check lists this very important piece of the puzzle was left unmentioned.

So we had to RUSH and prepare our immunizations and documents that will enable ME to enter Liberia.

In all....the fees and shipping were over $600.

For months I have been planning, calculating and saving for the in country expenses.

Here is the list the agency gave us,

Travel Expenses

Round-trip airfare to Liberia Our tickets were $750

Visa ($200-$300)*Which Peter already had... Mine ended up being 2x this estimate

Airport transfer ($30-$60)

Accommodations in Liberia $70-150 per day

Food $40 per day ($840)

In-Country Costs

Driver for stay in Liberia $200-$400

Child’s Visa (each child) $400

Child’s medical exam for U.S. Embassy (each child) $110

Passports $100 (each child)

Possible Miscellaneous fees $300-$500



We had set aside $2500 for our tickets and in country expenses.

With the added expenses for the visa i am REALLY feeling the crunch of numbers....

I am sincerely praying I do not run out of money, and I am able to find the remaining $500 for the hotel costs, and the $500 additional adoption agency fee, AND still have enough money to pay for all the other unexpected surprises.

I do not like surprises, never have, they give me SERIOUS anxiety, this is one reason why I am such a BEAR at the end of all my pregnancies...the UNKNOWN!

So here I enter another test of my character. To wait upon the unknown, and persevere through this journey.



Pray for me, Please pray specifically that;

Peter & I will be safe from harm or illness,

That we will be successful in our adoption,

That we will be reunited as a family no later than February 15th. (Home to Missouri by Feb 20th)

, That our hearts will be pliable and learn all that our Father has in store for us!

That ALL of my children will have guardian angels protecting them,

and that those who are caring for them in my absence will be in tune with their needs and be patient with them.
This photo is of Peter's very own Graham Cracker House ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment