Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Widows Mite.

2 Cor.
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall areap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

I saw this scripture today, and thought of my dear friends who are struggling financially, and yet they have found a way to give to Peter's fund.

One friend drove all the way to my house and offered her last $20. She was heart broken over the fact that it was so little. What she did not realize is the amount is not what matters, it is the act of sacrifice and the act of love to give. I appreciate her gift and recognize her sacrifice.

Another friend has been saving up to start a family business, they are working very hard to launch this business and they gave $50 to the fund, THEN they asked all of their contacts if they could give. They were able to collect another $35.

In 1998 Madi went to Little People Preschool, in Orem Utah.
Her teacher and I served in church callings together, and I love her. She is a gem, and she sent Money To Peter's fund.


Then there is Susana Baig. She has become my cheerleader, she works SO HARD to keep their family of 7 kids taken care of. She invited me to witness the birth of her last child. It was a beautiful bonding experience.
I can not name where each dollar came from. I also got to know her husband Robert during this experience. he is the most gentle, loving, attentive father I have met. He lovingly attended to his new sons arrival and spoke so sweetly to the kids. I was touched by his loving ways.

Susana has literally changed my energy levels. I have been consumed with the task of attending to Peter's needs. She has taken the initiative and the time to help me formulate and EXECUTE a plan of action.
She has raised over $150.00 and she is not done yet!

We are working on plans that will make ALL the funds trickle in within the allotted time frame.

Stay tuned....It is getting exciting!

Thank you to all who have given.

Thank you to all who have shared the link, the video, the flyer, the jars and their prayers. I appreciate every one of you.

I appreciate the sacrifice.

I appreciate the encouraging words.

I appreciate the support.

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment