Monday, June 4, 2012

A sweet Story. . . .

Here is yet another story about the kindness and generosity of strangers.  This is my favorite part of fundraising, it is very exhausting, but stories like this trickle in with the donations and it makes it all so worth it. 

"Hi Dee,

Maybe it's silly for me to tell you a story about a $5 donation, but I was so touched when it happened.  I was emptying the can at Dungy's and talking about Peter to the cashier.  The young people who work at Casey's and Dungy's are genuinely interested in his story and always ask me for updates when I come in to empty the jar: "How much do they have now? How much more do they need? How much time do they have?"  It is very touching, because you can hear that the concern is genuine.  So I was emptying the jars and talking to the cashier and I guess a family overheard me, because all of a sudden a little girl comes up to me with a $5 bill in her hand and says, "This is for you."  I was so stunned because usually we get nickels and pennies, not bills.  I told her I would tell your family.  :-)  It was so sweet.  I looked around for her family and across the store there was a dad who winked at her.  I caught his eye and mouthed "Thank you."  

Something about it was so sweet; it made my eyes tear up.

There are good people in the world and that gives me strength to go on during the hard days.

Love and blessings,
~D"

No comments:

Post a Comment